Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Google search engine
HomeBeach HunterCavoli beach in Marina di Campo, on the Island of Elba

Cavoli beach in Marina di Campo, on the Island of Elba

Cavoli is a beach located on the southwestern coast of the Island of Elba (  a Mediterranean island in Tuscany, Italy ) , between the capital Marina di Campo and the hamlet of Seccheto.

The beach has a length of 300 meters and is characterized by a white sandy bottom, formed by the crumbling of the monzogranito, typical of that area of ​​the island moreover, the beach is divided by smooth granite rocks. Towards the middle of the coast stands the building called “Arsenale”, begun in 1835 by the Pisani family and later distorted by building superfetations, adjacent to the “Casa Zimmer”, now transformed into a restaurant, which was inhabited from 1907 to 1914 by the German Zimmer family, owners of the monzogranito quarries in Cavoli and Seccheto.
Cavoli Beach is one of the most famous beaches of the island of Elba ,easy to access, the bottom is made up of coarse-grained white granite sand and in some places smooth rocks.

Access : Coordinates: 42.73697°, 10.18753° / Cavoli is a beach located on the southwestern coast of the Island of Elba, between the capital Marina di Campo and the hamlet of Seccheto.

Highlights :

  • Features and amenities : Apartments nearby , Connected by bus , Bar – Snacks- Restaurants , Restrooms , Limited parking lots.
  • Convio : A meeting place for young people who want to have fun, where many events and parties on the beach are held in time to music during the summer season.
  • Divers can plan suggestive dives in the depths of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park.
  • Column of the beach of Cavoli : The column emerged from the sandy bottom of the bay during a storm that occurred on 21 December 1989; it is now located in the public gardens of Cavoli.
  • The Blue Grotto :Along the coast, on the left, about six hundred meters from the bay of Cavoli is the “Blue Grotto”, formerly called “Grotta di Mare”.
  • Column of Cabbages : Placed on the heights above the beach, the column has a length of 7.86 m, a diameter of 1.10 m and has the engraving “OPE”, relating to the Opera della Primaziale Pisana as well as the column of the Polveriera near Seccheto.

Go next : To its left along the coast is the Blue Grotto which can be visited with pedal boats and small boats.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Covão dos Conchos

Dunes of Merzouga

Giessbach Waterfalls

Graskop

Recent Comments

error: Content is protected !!