Dunmore East is a small tourist and fishing village in County Waterford,in the province of Munster, in the southeast of the Republic of Ireland.
The village lies in a valley and stretches over the cliffs surrounding a small bay with a sandy beach. The fishing port was built in a neighboring bay. Located at the entrance to the much larger port of Waterford, weather permitting you can see the opposite Hook Head peninsula and Ireland’s oldest lighthouse of the same name.
Today it is not only a fishing village but also a charming tourist center,The most popular spot in the village is the Blue Flag Award Sandy beach. There are many events throughout the year in Dunmore. One of the highlights is the Bluegrass Festival, a subgenre of bluegrass country music.
Access : Coordinates: 52.155, -6.996 /
- Counsellor’s Strand, a lovely protected EU Blue Flag beach, one of the top 10 beaches in Ireland.
- Lawlor’s Beach, Dunmore East : A Blue Flag Award Sandy beach beach located near Dunmore. / Caravan sites are available in the erea.
- Anglo-Norman castle / The Upper Village and the Lower Village / Dunmore East to Ballymacaw Coastal Path,which is about 7 km (4 mi) in total length / Rathmoylan Cove ,Ireland’s longest sea cave at Rathmoylan.
- There are many events throughout the year in Dunmore. One of the highlights is the Bluegrass Festival, a subgenre of bluegrass country music.
- Dunmore East is home to some of the best seafood restaurants in Ireland.
- Top sights in Dunmore East : Dunmore East Lighthouse / Dunmore East is home to the Waterford Harbour Sailing Club / Badger’s Cove or Stony Cove are ideal places for swimming and snorkeling. / The Church of St. Andrew was built in 1815.
Go next : Waterford , a city in County Waterford in the south of Ireland. / Tramore , a beach resort in County Waterford in Ireland / Lismore , a village in County Waterford in Ireland. / The Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark.