Nesso is a small picturesque Italian village in Italy, located in the Lombardy region, in the province of Como, on the eastern shore of Lake Como – Italy’s most famous lake.
Nesso is located on Lake Como in the middle between Bellagio and Como. The municipality includes the following fractions: Borgo, Castello, Vico, Scerio, Onzanigo, Tronno, Lissogno and Careno. The morphology of the territory has strongly influenced the development of Nesso which is made up of various locations scattered on the steep slopes of the mountains that flow into the lake.
Today , this picturesque Italian village definitely is one of the top destinations to visit.
Access : Coordinates: 45.916667, 9.166667 / Nesso is located on the eastern shore of the Como branch of the homonymous lake, about 50 kilometres north of Milan.
- The castle of Nesso, also known as San Lorenzo due to the nearby church, is a military structure in Nesso.
- Ponte della Civera. Bridge of Roman origin in Coatesa. Located along the road that follows the coast, it serves to scrape the mouth of the ravine to the lake whose overall view can be admired from the bridge itself.
- Ravine of Nesso. Rocky canyon characterized by the waterfall formed at the confluence of the Noseè and Tuff rivers that give life to a series of waterfalls that descend the approximately 200 meters deep of the ravine.
- Church of San Lorenzo. Castle village church. Destroyed several times, the current building dates back to the 16th century.
- Church of Saints Peter and Paul. The main religious building of Nesso. The original building of the eleventh century has given way to the current one built in the sixteenth century according to the dictates imposed by the Counter-Reformation.
- Church of Santa Maria di Vico. Religious building of Romanesque origin originally annexed to a hospice for the Umiliati.
- Above the town of Careno is the Masera cave (350 m a.s.l.), which houses galleries, waterfalls, ponds, siphons and a room with ammonite footprints.
- Riva bridge / Ancient farmhouses near the plain of Careno / Church known as the Beata Vergine Assunta (1665-1671) / Chapel of the Monti di Careno, frescoed in 1798 by Antonio Maria Caldara.
- Nesso’s waterfall :Nesso’s waterfall well known as Orrido di Nesso , is formed by the confluence of the two streams,the difference in height from the beginning of the waterfall to the waters of the Lake is about 200 meters.
Go next : The neighboring villages : Argegno, Brienno, Caglio, Faggeto Lario, Laglio, Lezzeno, Pognana Lario, Sormano, Veleso, Zelbio. / Careno , a village in Lombardy.