Kanin is famous as the highest ski center in Slovenia – 2,293 meters located on the slopes of Kanin and crossing the Nevejska sedlo on the Slovene-Italian border.
The cross-border ski resort Kanin – Sella Nevea, the highest lying ski resort in Slovenia, is one of the largest Slovenian ski resorts with an area of 70 hectares. It is visited by beginner skiers, more advanced skiers, snowboarders and those who like to relax in the high mountain sun and air, Kanin is also home to the highest lying restaurant in Slovenia (2,202 m), which is reached by a circular cabin cable car.
Access : Coordinates: 46.3376, 13.5525 /
- Kanin is famous as the highest ski center in Slovenia (2,293 meters) Kanin is also connected to the Italian ski resort of Sella Nevea.
- Tracks and lifts at the Kanin – Sella Nevea ski resort : Skiers can choose from 30 km of trails of various levels of difficulty.
- The 5 km long descent with a height difference of 1,200 m from Sedel na Kanin to the Italian Sella Nevea is particularly popular.
- The longest gondola lift in Slovenia leads from Bovec (436 m) to 2,202 m, to the adjacent part of the Kanin ski resort.
- The Kanin – Sella Nevea ski resort opens in December, when enough snow falls for good skiing. The ski season lasts until May.
Go next : The nearest larger Slovenian settlement is Bovec, on the Italian side it is Tarvisio and Chiusaforte.