Lastovo is an island south of Korčula in Croatia. The island is located in the Dubrovnik-Neretva County.
Lastovo is 9 km long and 6 km wide and is mostly mountainous.
The island of Lastovo, like the rest of Dalmatia, was frequented by the Greeks, conquered by the Romans, inherited by the Eastern Romans then by the Venetians in the eleventh century, the French in 1809, the Austrians in 1815, the Italians in 1918 and Yugoslavia in 1946, before being part of independent Croatia in 1991.
In 2006, the island of Lastovo, like the surrounding archipelago, was declared a Lastovo Nature Park.
The island is famous for its architecture from the 15th and 16th centuries.
There is a hotel, two campsites and numerous apartments on the island.
Access : Coordinates: 42.75, 16.866667 / Lastovo is connected by boat only with Split, ferry and catamaran once a day. The ferry ride takes 5 hours, with a stop in Vela Luka on Korcula,
/ Lastovo is connected to Dubrovnik by catamaran, and the ride lasts 4 hours with a landing on Korčula and in Polače and Sobra on Mljet. There is a heliport on Lastovo near Veli Hum.
- Sailing : For sailors, Lastovo is an attractive stopover on the way between Split and Dubrovnik
- A special attraction is the Lastovo Carnival, which has been documented since 1390.
- Measurements show that the night sky over Lastovo is very dark and the visibility of the Milky Way from the island is very good.
- the parish church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, built in the 14th century
- In 2006, the island of Lastovo and the Lastovo Archipelago became a nature reserve. It includes 44 islands, including the remote island of Sushats, located thirteen kilometers to the west.
- Skrivena Luka : Skrivena Luka is a village in the Republic of Croatia, part of the Municipality of Lastovo, on the island of Lastovo, Dubrovnik-Neretva County.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities / swimming / trekking / water sports, for which Lastovo offers ideal conditions – windsurfing, yachting, diving and sport fishing.
Go next : Korčula is an island in the Adriatic Sea, in Southern Dalmatia, near Dubrovnik / Hvar is an island off the coast of Croatia / Brač is an island in the Adriatic Sea, in the Split-Dalmatia county of Croatia, near the city of Split. It is the largest island in Dalmatia