RAF Carew Cheriton is a former Royal Air Force airfield of Coastal and Training Command near Carew, Pembrokeshire.( Carew is a village, parish and community on an inlet of Milford Haven in the former Hundred of Narberth, Pembrokeshire, West Wales, ) United Kingdom.
It was sited 4.7 miles north west of Tenby
Carew Cheriton Control Tower is a Restored RAF Control Tower to appear as it was operated in 1940’s, along with an associated Air Raid Shelter.
The last as Royal Air Force Station Carew Cheriton, in short RAF Carew Cheriton, was a military airfield in the west of the Welsh county Pembrokeshire between Tenby and Pembroke dock. The site was first operated by the Royal Naval Air Service during the First World War and from April 1918 by the newly established Royal Air Force and served the latter again during the Second World War. Parts of the area including the former tower have been preserved, the latter now houses a small museum.
Todays use :
The site is now the museum in the tower building as a business park and event site, where it takes place activities including car boot sales, auctions and part of the airfield has been converted for use as a go-cart track . The museum collection includs military uniforms, RAF maps, radio equipment, ration books, Bren gun, Enfield rifle and more.
Access : Coordinates: 51.689722, -4.810833 / Located in the County of Pembrokeshire, South West Wales / How to get there : Take the Carew Cheriton exit of the Carew roundabout on the A477 and then take the first left. Follow the road to the end, do not take the turning to the right after ¼ mile. This will lead you to entrance gate.
facilities Museum / Car Park Entry fees : Prices from :£0.50
opening times : operate season openings on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays at Easter and from July through to September from 10am till 3pm
Activities : Schools and Group Visits / sightseeing / photo opportunities /
Go next : War Memorial Carew – Carew, Tenby / War Memorial Manorbier – Manorbier / War Memorial Penally – Penally / the market town of Pembroke