Reutte is a market town and capital in the Reutte district of the same name (also known as Ausserfern) in North Tyrol, Austria.
The place was already important in antiquity due to its location on the Roman road Via Augusta over the Alps (Fernpass, from 46 AD). From 250 AD Another trade route is created for salt transports from Reutte through the Tannheimer Valley to Bregenz. Around 1290, the construction of the Ehrenberg fortress begins at the strategically important location. In 1458 the first Lech bridge was built in Reutte. 1489 the town was raised.
Reutte is located in a valley basin in the Tyrolean Lech Valley, which continues from the border at Pinswang in the Bavarian Alpine foothills. Today, in addition to agriculture, tourism is becoming increasingly important in the area.
Access : Coordinates: 47.483333, 10.716667 / Reutte lying adjacent to the Lech River approximately 45 miles northwest of Innsbruck, Austria and southwest of Munich, Germany.
- Highline179 : With a total length of 408 m, the highline179 is the world’s “longest pedestrian suspension bridge in Tibet style”. It connects the Ehrenberg ruins with Fort Claudia via the Fernpassstraße B 179 south of Reutte in Tyrol and can be reached on foot in around 15 minutes from the valley.
- Burg Ehrenberg : Ehrenberg Castle is the ruin of a hilltop castle on the northern edge of the Lechtal Alps at 1100 m above sea level. A. south via Reutte im Ausserfern in Tyrol. The castle ruins are the center of one of the most important fortress ensembles in Central Europe.
- Museum Grünes Haus: The museum is located in a magnificent house from the 16th century, with facade frescoes by Johann Jakob Zeiller, and houses the local and regional museum.
- Franciscan monastery Reutte: built in the 17th century. The Franciscan monastery Reutte with the parish church of St. Anna.
- Houses in the center: in the center there are worth seeing houses with facade paintings by the Reutten painter Johann Jakob Zeiller./ Landeck Castle.
- ski center : Just 3 kilometers from Reutte, there is a small but well-equipped Hahnenkamm ski area with 16 kilometers of pistes and slopes, suitable for both beginners and advanced skiers.,The ski center has a 50-year history and has three lifts and 16 kilometers of slopes.
- ski trails : More than 20 cross-country ski trails with a total length of over 120 kilometers pass through the region. 30 kilometers are also prepared for skating, and the Waldrast cross-country trail is illuminated by LEDs and guarantees a fun night skiing experience. In addition, cross-country skiing trips and regular cross-country skiing courses are held regularly in the Reutte nature reserve.
- Activities : Cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, ice skating – in the protected area of Reutte you can relax in the middle of nature!,sightseeing,photo opportunities,trekking.
- The traditional Reutten market festival takes place every year on the first Saturday in August and is very popular./ The famous Ritterspiel, a Medieval festival.
Go next : Near Reutte, at the top of the Hahnenkamm, there is an oasis of alpine nature – the botanical garden Alpenblumengarten / The nearby villages of Pflach, Pinswang, Musau and Vils. / Pinswang , a quiet, lovely ancient village in a lush verdant Alpine valley.