Sierra Nevada ski resort located in the south of the country in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, in the province of Granada, in Andalusia, Spain.
It is the southernmost ski resort in continental Europe and also the highest in Spain (between 2,100 and 3,300 meters).There are around 84 km of tracks divided into 86 tracks of varying levels of difficulty ,the resort has 26 ski lifts and the total length of the routes is nearly 84 km. , It is also known for its Aprés Ski, with a series of shops, Besides skiing, there are many other activities in the resort such as hiking, sleigh rides, snowmobiles or a snow park.
A series of shops, bars , restaurants accommodation facilities and services such as clinics, nurseries, offices, ski schools, etc. make this resort one of the most popular in all of Spain.
Access : Coordinates: 37.09, -3.4 /
- The resort hosted the 1996 World Alpine Ski Championships, as well as several events of the Alpine Ski World Cup, of which competition it hosted its first final in 1977. In addition, it has been a candidate as the main venue for the Games. Winter Olympics.
- In summer, all types of mountain and outdoor sports are practiced such as cycling, horse riding, hiking, climbing, etc.
- Access to the resort is via Pradollano, approximately 30 minutes from the city of Granada.
- During winter it hosts several world winter sports competitions.
- Cycling : The climb to Sierra Nevada is a very popular mountain pass among cyclists ,there is two different slopes, Monachil and Güéjar Sierra, the first of which is the hardest due to the type of road and the largest slopes. You can finish in Pradollano or continue to Pico Veleta.
Go next : Sierra Nevada National Park / Granada , the capital city of the province of Granada, in the autonomous community of Andalusia.