The Burg Grimmenstein castle is located on the southeastern slope , 100 meters below the Kulmriegel summit on a rock, in the market town of Grimmenstein,in Lower Austria, Austria.
The name Grimmenstein actually stands for three medieval castles. However, only remains of the wall of the square keep of the Hochgrimmenstein on the summit of the Kulmriegel have been preserved.The first Grimmensteiner mentioned was an “Alber de Grimmenstain” around 1144 among the followers of Count Eckbert III von Formbach-Pitten.
Grimmenstein has been opening it to the public since April 2016.Today is a popular location for children’s birthday parties and private celebrations. The castle can be heated and can be used for events all year round.
Access : Coordinates: N 47°37.915 E 16°07.220 / Grimmenstein Castle is a partially restored hilltop castle in southern Lower Austria.
- The castle has been owned by the Grimmenstein family since May 2014 and is currently being extensively renovated. A castle tavern and a souvenir shop were set up.
- The closest public parking facility is the Asfinag car park in the valley, from where a slow train leaves every hour during opening hours.
- Hiking : Walking time: 1 hour 15 minutes ,marked hiking trail from the parking lot to the castle.
- The castle premises can also be rented for weddings, private parties and seminars.
- Opening times February 12th, 2022 to January 1st, 2023 .each Saturday, Sunday and public holiday.10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Go next : Grimmenstein , a market town in the district of Neunkirchen in Lower Austria.