Lake Misurina (Lago di Misurina), known as the “pearl of Cadore”, is the largest natural lake in the Italian Dolomites in the Auronzo di Cadore district in the Belluno province of the Venice region.Italy.
Lago di Misurina takes its name Misurina from a small picturesque resort at the foot of the “Three Summits” of the Lavaredo massif, at an altitude of 1756 m above sea level. Cortina d’Ampezzo is just 13 km away.
Located 1754 m above sea level. The perimeter of the lake is 2.6 km, the maximum depth is 5 m.
Throughout the year, this place is popular with tourists from Italy and from all over the world. What’s the secret? Thanks to its healing climate, Lake Misurino has become a great place for those suffering from respiratory diseases. In winter and until late spring it is possible to ski on downhill slopes, on cross-country trails and on tracks suitable for skiing adn winter sports , In summer, tourism is dedicated to families and convalescents due to its temperate and dry climate.
Tourists will also find restaurants with delicious homemade dishes for their rest, and shops with souvenirs and local products.
Access : Coordinates: 46.581944, 12.253889 / By plane: The closest airports to Auronzo di Cadore are the “San Giuseppe” of Treviso, the “Marco Polo” of Venice and that of Bolzano.
By train and bus : From Venice or Padua, reach the Calalzo di Cadore railway station and from there continue by bus to Auronzo./
By car: From the south, take the A13 Bologna-Padova motorway, reach the junction with the A4 Milan-Venice, at the Mestre ring road exit take the A27 to Belluno. At the end of the motorway continue towards Cadore up to Auronzo. – From Milan take the A4 Milan-Venice motorway to Mestre and then follow the directions above.
- Near the lake there are about a dozen hotels with a total capacity of about 500 people.
- The climate is favorable for the treatment of respiratory diseases. Near the lake is the only center for the treatment of childhood asthma in Italy.
- Speed skating competitions of the VII Winter Olympic Games were held on the ice of the lake. This was the last Winter Olympics where skaters.
- Here, ski lovers can find slopes of various difficulty levels, amazing panoramic views, excellent service, well-equipped ski lifts and well-groomed trails. … Misurina has its own small ski area, 10 tracks, the advantage of this area is that it is located above the ski areas of Cortina and San Vito di Cadore.
- The lake was the theme of the famous song by Claudio Baglioni. Lake Misurina is also the theme of the Longan di Lozzo theatrical performance.
- To the north of the lake, taking the path that leads to the Tres Cimas de Lavaredo, is the Antorno lake. To the south is the Sorapiss Group (Ampezzo Dolomites).
- Lake Misurina and its mountains offer walks and routes from the easiest to those of decidedly higher technical difficulty.
Activities : sightseeing / photo opportunities, beautiful panoramas and small mountain lakes will create an unforgettable fairytale atmosphere. / trekking / Ski area – 1340-2880 m , The total length of tracks – 48 km / During the summer you can swim in the lake and you can go water cycling / In winter, the surface freezes over and skates on it.
Go next : The lake is located 13 kilometers from the popular ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo in the Dolomites / Near the lake passes the Alta via n. 3, which departing from Villabassa reaches Longarone.