Tuixent is a is a medieval looking village at 1,225 meters asl., located in the municipality of Josa i Tuixent, in the Alt Urgell region. in Catalonia, in the province of Lleida, in the comarca of Alt Urgell, in the municipality of Josa and Tuixent.in Catalonia, Spain.
The Tuixent-Lavansa Nordic ski resort, operating since the mid-eighties. Excursions to the Cadi-Moixero Natural Park are also recommended. Known for its Nordic ski resort of Tuixent – La Vansa is the ideal place for a family getaway.
Access : Coordinates: 42.2328, 1.5683 / From Solsona,( Solsona is a municipality belonging to the province of Lleida ) passing through the Coll de Port, either by the C-462, passing through Sant Llorenc de Morunys and the reservoir of La Llosa del Cavall, or by the LV-4241, passing through Port del Comte.
Another way to access the town is through the track that passes through Montan de Tost. This path, however, is not recommended due to the poor condition of the road.
/ From Berga, ( Berga is a municipality in the province of Barcelona ) along the C-563 road through Saldes and Gosol./From La Seu d’Urgell, on the C-462 road.
- About 3 kilometers from the village, following the C-563 road in the direction of Josa and Gosol, you will find the Romanesque chapel of Sant Jaume, from the 11th or 12th century.
- Ball of Lancers : Llancers Dance is a dance band that traditionally danced for the Festa Major. It consists of five steps or figures: the arms, the chain, the balance, the goodbye and the xotis, each of which with a choreography and own music.
- Botanical Garden of Trementinaires : The Botanic Garden of Trementinaires, linked to the museum, is located at the entrance of the village and collects a wide variety of autochthonous species of the valley with aromatic and medicinal properties, used in this trade to elaborate the different ointments and remedies. Some of these species are also present in the Botanical Garden of the Trementinaires, which is formed by a set of samples located throughout the town.
- The Trementinaires Museum, inaugurated in 1998 and located on the ground floor of the Town Hall, explains the trementinaire’s trade. This activity, practiced during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries by a large number of the women of the town and other neighboring towns, consisted of the collection of plants, the preparation of remedies and their commercialization in much of the Catalan territory.
- Church of Sant Esteve de Tuixent : The parochial church of Sant Esteve de Tuixent is located in the highest part of the village. It is a 11th century Romanesque building. Inside the church there is a Romanesque, polychrome sculpture of a Mother of God dating from the end of the 12th century and an altarpiece dedicated to Saint Sebastian from the end of the 16th century.
- The parish of Josa del Cadi is dedicated to Santa Maria and San Bernabe. It is a building of a nave with side chapels and covered with a barrel vault. Also of Romanesque origin, the temple was rebuilt in 1846.
- the alpine skiing station that the municipality has, the Tuixent – laVansa : It is located on the north face of Port del Comte and covers from the mountain of Arp and to the Prat Llong. This station has more than 30 kilometers of circuits of different levels of difficulties and also different routes to do with snowshoes.
- Tuixent Flora Center : Designed for all audiences, it will allow them to enter the world of flora around Tuixent and the Natural Park, learn about its singularities and curiosities. As well as knowing and discovering the trade of the turpentine, who they were and what was the use they made of the plants.
Events : the main festival of Josa de Cadi in September and that of Tuixent in October.
Activities :Bungee jumping / sightseeing / photo opportunities / trekking,Pedraforca Experience, around, such as the excursion to the hermitage of Sant Jaume / practice Nordic skiing and mountain sports at the Tuixent-la Vansa station.
Go next : Pedraforca : an emblematic mountain of Catalonia (Spain) that is located in the Sierra del Cadi, within the area of the Natural Park of Cadi-Moixero, bordering between the provinces of Barcelona and Lleida / Josa de Cadi. A town carved on the mountain