San Nicola Arcella is a town – seaside resort on the Riviera dei Cedri situated on a cliff 110 m high, in the Province of Cosenza in the Italian region Calabria, located about 99 km north of Cosenza on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea on the Gulf of Policastro. ( Italy ) The neighboring communities are Praia a Mare, Santa Domenica Talao and Scalea.
Access : Coordinates: 39.85, 15.8 / by the SS18 which connects it to the A2 of the Mediterranean. It can be reached from the A2 from the junction of Lagonegro nord continuing on the SS585 and subsequently on the SS18 exiting at the junction of San Nicola Arcella.
/ By air : Nearest airpots : Lamezia Terme International Airport (Cz), about 125 km away – Naples International Airport, about 220 km away /
/ Railway: Praia-a-Mare: 3 km (2 miles) , Scalea: 3 km (2 miles)
- Arco Magno , grotta del saraceno/cave of the Saracens, An Impressive natural arch a natural stone arch that from a height of about 20 meters spectacularly frames one of the beaches, which has a fresh water source inside and a hidden, isolated beach. Inside there is an ‘enchanting crescent-shaped lagoon, about 25 meters long, with very small pebble pebbles. and on the north side of the Arch there is another rock arch, the Arch of Aeneas, from the name of the mythical Trojan hero who, according to the myth, after the fall of Troy went over there, is located between the border north of San Nicola Arcella and the area south of Praia a Mare, arch that was created in the rock carved by sea , a small beach features here and a fresh water spring.A stunning and beautiful place to be.Well worth a visit. The place is accessible by a small boat or on foot from the paths of San Nicola Arcella.
- Palazzo dei Principi Lanza di Trabia , An Baroque style XVIII century building in the Dino locality
- Baia Azzurra , in San Nicola Arcellapm , visit the small beach of the Blue Bay connected to the ancient Tower by a narrow passage,
- Torre Crawford San Nicola Arcella , Via Porto, 87020 San Nicola Arcella,a small sixteenth-century lookout tower that is commonly called “Torre Crawford” , the famous American writer Francis Marion Crawford, who stopped here and fell in love with the beautiful landscapes that this place has to offer .
- centro storico , historical center / the 17th century Church of San Nicola da Tolentino the patron saint of the town.
- Belvedere , Via Umberto I, 87020 San Nicola Arcella, view poit , accessed by a comfortable staircase that slopes down to a square enriched with benches and romantic lampposts.
- The beaches in San Nicola : The Beach of San Nicola Arcella is located near the town of the same name, overlooking the Tyrrhenian waters between Praia a Mare and Scalea.There is a shuttle bus service that connects the beach with the town.
Near the Beach of San Nicola Arcella there are also several other beaches and inlets not to be missed.The small Marinella beach is the closest to reach the Arco Magno in San Nicola Arcella.
Activities : trekking excursions / Scenic Driving- Auto Touring / Enjoy the amazing Views from the Belvedere view point / hiking , visit “Arco Magno” by foot , From San Nicola Arcella 25 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to walk back / photo opportunities / swimming / Agriturismo / Boat excursions / pedal boat rentals / sea kayak
Go next : Praia-a-Mare / Scalea / Olbia / Tempio Pausania / Oschiri / Salerno / Agropoli / Battipaglia / Castellabate / Giffoni Valle Piana / Paestum / Cosenza / Maratea