Vielha is a municipality in Spain, part of the province of Lleida and part of the autonomous community of Catalonia.
The capital of the municipality, Vielha, is also the capital of the region of Vale de Aran.
The most important source of income is tourism. The main activities are hiking, horseback riding, mountaineering and winter sports, especially in Baqueira-Beret, the largest winter sports area in the Pyrenees and in Spain.
Access : Coordinates: 42.704167, 0.796111 /
- Vielha e Mijaran It is a first-class tourist center, thanks to the natural environment of the entire Aran Valley and its proximity to the ski resorts.
- The N-230 road from Lleida to Eth Pònt de Rei, on the French border, passes there, through the Viella tunnel, and the C-28 road leaves it, which connects the valley with Pallars Sobirà through Salardú and the Port of Bonaigua.
- the capital of the Val d’Aran region, the only region in the world where Occitan is used as an official language.
- Hiking trails : Explore outdoor activities , there is 21 scenic trails in the Vielha e Mijaran area.
- Top sights in Vielha e Mijaran : Church of Sant Miquèu, with Romanesque and Gothic elements , houses the Mijaran Christ, a Romanesque carving considered the main sculptural display in Aran / The Val d’Aran Museum / Several houses and palaces in the old part of the town, on the right side of the river Nere, such as Çò de Rodés, Çò de Fedusa or Çò de Burgaròl. / La Fabrica dera Lan, a 19th century building / The Parador de Turisme, on top of the hill of Eth Castèth, built in 1966. / The Palai de Gèu (Ice Palace), modern multi-sports center and ice rink / Church of Sant Esteve de Betren, in Romanesque and Gothic style, considered one of the most beautiful examples in Aran
Church of Sant Martí de Gausac, Gothic style / Romanesque church of Sant Pere d’Escunhau, from the twelfth century / In Escunhau we can also find old noble houses, some with fifteenth century windows; that of Perejoan dates from 1393.
Go next : Bagneres-de-Luchon / Arros / Betren / Benasque.